If something happens and you need help, there are a few things you can do.
- Diall 066 from a public telephone. 911 does work in some cities but 066 is the emergency telephone number in Mexico.
- Contact the nearest U.S. Consulate. A Full list can be found here.
- If someone is hurt and requires medical attention, go to the nearest hospital. SmartGringo offers a selection of temporary medical insurance plans that range from just one day to two years.
- If you are staying in a hotel, contact the front desk for assistance.
- If you have broken down on the side of the road, dial 078 for the Angeles Verdes (Green Angels) roadside assistance.