Different Visas in Mexico


Helpful tips on who needs a Visa and the types offered in Mexico.

Depending on the length of your stay in Mexico, you may not need a visa. Your visitor’s permit will grant you 180 days in the country at a time, and if you go back to your home country during that time, the clock starts over again. If you will be in Mexico for more than 6 months at a time or will be working in Mexico, you should get a Temporary Resident Visa, which is for people who reside in Mexico for more than 6 months and not longer than 4 years. This is issued for one year and is renewable for a further 3 years.

For people wishing to reside in Mexico for more than 4 years, they need a Permanent Resident Visa. While you can do all this yourself, it may be best to contact an immigration lawyer for assistance.

SmartGringo thanks you for being awesome, you are being redirected to our exceptional insurance
partner, Baja Bound.  You'll be able to get your insurance online through them, and they're around in case
you have any questions.   The agents there love insurance and LOVE Mexico!