Baja California is also known as Baja and is a popular place in Mexico filled with many beautiful landscapes near the southern border of California. Baja has a fusion of Mexican and American cultures, one of the strongest attractions for many visitors. Baja has everything from beautiful landscapes to delicious cuisine for its visitors. Make sure to drive along the winding, scenic roads of La Rumorosa; you will surely experience the natural beauty of this beautiful place. Also, consider visiting the wineries in the same area you will love. To enjoy all these things, all you need to have is a full gas tank and coverage to protect you against financial burden when in need. You know that the future is unpredictable, so better to take precautions in advance to avoid any financial burden on your pockets. It helps you to enjoy driving on the roads of Baja with your family to the fullest. So, don’t put much effort into comparing different auto insurance companies because we have already brought it for you. On SmartGringo, you can manually customize your Mexican auto insurance plans for Baja California. Let’s take an in-depth look at the same.
Well, the short and the most straightforward answer to this question is that you can end up in jail. In 2011, the Mexican government in Baja, California, mandated Mexican auto insurance. To drive on the roads of Baja, you will need to issue Mexican car insurance for your car. Also, the Mexican authorities will not recognize your auto insurance policy from the U.S. or Canada after crossing the borders. You will have to pay separately for Mexican car insurance.
Compared to the law in the U.S, Mexican laws work differently. In Mexico, if you face a car accident, you are subjected to face a judge who will determine the fault. If you are found liable for the damage caused to an other’s property or bodily injury during the accident. In that case, you can appear in jail if you fail to demonstrate to pay for the damages caused by you.
But proper Mexican auto insurance can help you in that case. Make sure that it includes legal assistance coverage and liability coverage. A good insurance policy will provide legal assistance to represent you before the authorities and also helps in bail bonds if needed. Another important thing is liability coverage. This coverage will help you demonstrate in front of Mexican authorities that you will be able to pay for the third party’s damage caused by you. So that in case you are found liable, you can escape from being sent to jail.
SmartGringo is one of the best sites to purchase an insurance policy. We have partnered with Baja Bound to help you provide the best features, which are as follows:
- Flexible policy terms: Unlike other insurance policy providers, we do offer flexible auto insurance policies to our customers. That means you are free to customize the length of your Mexican auto insurance from one day to a year, including six months of insurance policies.
- Affordable rates of coverage: Under a tight budget? And also don’t want to compromise with the quality of insurance policy? Don’t worry; we’ve got your back. We provide auto insurance policies from the best A-rated insurance companies at affordable costs to help you meet your desired travel budget.
- Full coverage policy: Just like others, do you also have a fear of losing your vehicle in theft? Don’t worry; we offer complete coverage for your car, including theft, partial theft, collision, and vandalism.
- Liability coverage: One of the essential coverage that are also required by Mexican laws is to drive peacefully on the roads of Baja. Under liability coverage, you will get liability limits available from $100K to $1M.
- Easy claims: On filing claims, all the processes will be handled within 24 hours and will reimburse you in U.S. dollars, and the repairs may be completed in the U.S., Canada, or Mexico, as per your preferred location.
- 24/7 Assistance Helpline: You can call us anytime to provide legal and roadside assistance when in need. And can also contact us anytime to report a claim.
There are many reasons to purchase Mexican auto insurance. It has several benefits, including legal and travel assistance, medical assistance, car protection from theft or vandalism, and liability coverage. But the most crucial reason to have an auto insurance policy is that Mexican laws require separate car insurance for Mexico.
Even fluent Spanish speakers find it intimidating to face a judge without the knowledge of the legal system. It’s important to remember that your insurance can compensate for a fine or, worse, a jail sentence. In this sense, Mexico insurance can be considered as a “get out of jail free card” by experienced Mexico visitors. So get a quote today at SmartGringo to get Mexican auto insurance for Baja California to enjoy driving to the fullest.