Do you also love to drive into Mexico? Mexico is a beautiful place to spend a vacation. Every year, many visitors from America drive into Mexico to enjoy the beauty of this beautiful country. Mexico is filled with stunning beaches, heavenly cuisine, ancient ruins, and countless other beautiful places. Many Americans drive into Mexico without knowing that their car insurer will not be able to offer coverage in Mexico. So, here comes one-day Mexican auto insurance. In the following article, we will be covering the importance of having Mexican car insurance and many more things. So, here we go:
What is one-day Mexican auto insurance?
One-day Mexican auto insurance is a temporary insurance plan that is especially designed to provide coverage for a vehicle within the borders of Mexico for residents of the United States or Canada. While traveling in Mexico, your policies from the U.S. or Canada are not recognized, so a Mexican auto insurance policy is required.
If you are planning to spend your vacation in Mexico, then you must have a one-day Mexican auto insurance policy. This temporary insurance plan gives you coverage while traveling around Mexico and can be further extended up to 1 year or more. This auto insurance is also called a Mexico tourist auto insurance policy.
Why should you have one-day Mexican auto insurance?
Having auto insurance is mandatory in Mexico to drive legally, so the Mexican authorities will consider that you are financially stable and will be able to pay damages to third parties even if it is not your fault. If you already have a U.S. or Canadian car insurance policy, then it won’t be considered within the borders of Mexico. While traveling in Mexico, if you get into an accident, you can be sent to jail for not having Mexican auto insurance. More than that, there are still many reasons to have a one-day Mexican auto insurance policy:
- Collision Coverage: Any damage caused due to a collision or overturning your vehicle, the cost of which can be covered under this temporary Mexican auto insurance policy.
- Damage/Accident Liability: While driving in Mexico, if you cause damage to someone else’s property and are found liable for it, this can be covered by this insurance policy. In addition, this insurance plan also gives you coverage against bodily injury.
- Legal Assistance: In the event of an accident caused in Mexico, your auto insurance policy will cover legal representation, bail, and other related expenses.
- Roadside assistance: While driving on Mexican roads, if your car breaks down in between and you need a locksmith, tire change, a jump start service, towing, flat tire service, or any other help, then with this policy you can be covered with the facility of road assistance.
- Medical Benefits: In your auto insurance plan, you are free to add this feature, as in the event of any medical emergency, it will cover all your medical expenses for you or your passengers.
- Theft Protection: While traveling in Mexico, if your car gets stolen, you’re covered under an insurance policy, in which you will get a partial or full refund of your vehicle.
- Rental car coverage: If you rent a car while traveling or to drive into Mexico, you will still be required to have Mexican car insurance. There are many car rental services operating in Mexico. Renting a car in Mexico is the same as in the USA or Canada. The only difference is that insurance laws in Mexico apply equally to rental and owned vehicles. But while renting a Mexican vehicle, make sure that the rental agency does not offer Mexican insurance so that we can provide you with coverage for the rented car.
- Uninsured motorist protection: Mexican auto insurance also covers the damage caused to your vehicle by an uninsured driver while on vacation in Mexico.
- Comprehensive coverage: This insurance plan provides coverage for both your own vehicle and passengers as well as the liability of other people or their property.
Why should you choose us?
Here at SmartGringo, we provide freedom to our customers to customize (policy limits, deductibles) their insurance plans accordingly and choose the rates that fit their needs. Here are the reasons that make us the best fit for all your needs:
- Full coverage policy: We do offer coverage for your vehicle for partial theft (of vehicle parts), theft, vandalism, or collision.
- Great rates and coverage: We do offer policies from “A” rated companies that fit your travel budget and your needs.
- Flexible policy terms: Here on our site, you can choose the coverage from one day to one year. In addition, six-month insurance policies are also offered. However, we suggest temporary auto insurance plans are suitable for your Mexican trip.
- A 24-hour helpline is available: You can call us anytime whenever you need to report a claim or for legal or roadside assistance.
- Liability coverage: The amount of liability coverage offered by us ranges from $100K to $1M.
- Claims handling: If you claim for the coverage, then you will be given priority and all the claims will be settled in USD. The adjuster will be sent to you by the insurer, who will inspect the condition of your car. On the basis of the inspection, the insurer will determine the amount of the loss. If your car needs repair, then a repair shop will be selected and the repair of the car can begin. The car repair can be completed in Canada, the U.S. or Mexico.
But make sure that all the claims must be filed in Mexico, or try to file a claim before returning from Mexico to the U.S. or Canada.
Your country’s auto insurance policy is not recognized in Mexico. That doesn’t mean that you just end up cancelling your trip. Instead, go for SmartGringo’s one-day Mexican auto insurance plan, as our temporary auto insurance plans are affordable and customizable. With the help of our insurance policy, you can drive into Mexico without having to worry about car-related financial trouble.